I saw this recipe and wanted to give it a try. Do you know how long it has been since I have had macaroni and cheese....EONS!!! Well, I spiced it up a bit and changed a few things, and what was created was out of this world. I will never go back to boxed macaroni and cheese ever again. I hope you enjoy. It may cost a bit extra, but the cost was well worth it!!!
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack
- 1 1/2 cups grated Asiago
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups grated Provolone
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups grated Fontina
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
** As a note, I would definitely eat these the day you make them. When you try to reheat, the oils from the cheese separate and you end up with a puddle of oil....